Made with Xara The Parish Council sits every month except August on the second Monday of the month in the Reading room in Great Street. It is well supervised by the Council Leader Stuart Maunder. Meeting start at 7.30pm and members of the public are welcome to attend. As can be expected the Council deals with all matters local that affect the village and work very closely with the South Somerset District Council, so much so that the councillor who represents the village attends every meeting to understand the villagers point of view and put forward the views of the District Council and general advice. The Parish Clerk is Louise Brooks: Telephone: 01935 881882;  e-mail: brooksinsomerset@hotmail.co.uk The Minutes of meetings are publicised after they have been approved by the council as “A true record of the meeting”.  This approval takes place at the following meeting, therefore minutes posted here are up to two months after the related meeting.  Agenda for next meeting at bottom of page. South Somerset MINUTES OF NORTON SUB HAMDON PARISH COUNCIL MONTHLY MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 8th JANUARY 2018 IN THE READING ROOM AT 7.30 P.M. 18/1228 PRESENT:  Mr S. Maunder (Chairman), Mrs S More (Vice-Chairman), Mr B Matraves, Mr J Cole, Mrs L. Brooks (Clerk), Mrs S.  Seal (District Councillor),  and 2 members of the public.  18/1229 APOLOGIES:   Mrs P Biddle (Holiday)  Mr C Campbell (Illness)  Mr R Middleton (Illness)  18/1230 PUBLIC TIME  18/1230/a  Public Time:  A member of the public asked if any habitat was being destroyed at the new development on New Road.  Chairman  Councillor Maunder informed them that a full survey had been carried out beforehand.  18/1230/b  P.C.S.O. Report: The PCSO was not present and no report had been received.  18/1230/c  District Councillor: Councillor Seal reported that SSDC had only just gone back after the Christmas break  and it was fairly quiet.    18/1230/d  County Councillor:   County Councillor Mark Keating was not present at the meeting and no apologies had been received. He had emailed a  monthly report previous to the meeting to the Clerk who had forwarded it to all the Parish Councillors’.   18/1230/e CLT Update  Nothing to report  18/1230/g  Hamdon Youth Group:  Nothing to report  18/1231 MINUTES:   The Minutes from the December meeting have been circulated.  They were agreed and signed.  Proposed: Cllr. Maunder  Seconded: Cllr. Matraves  Agreed unanimously.  18/1232 MATTERS ARISING: Nothing to report 18/1233 PLANNING: 18/1233/a  Matters for report:  Nothing to report 18/1233/b      Decisions Notified: 17/03987/LBC    The Georgian Wing, Great St.  Removal of C20th infill to restore the hall to its correct double height space. Replacement of modern incorrect skirting boards in the drawing room, bedroom and bathroom - APPROVED 18/1233/c     Applications for consideration: Nothing to report 18/1234 FINANCE:  18/1234/a  Matters for report:   1. Notification has been received for the loan payment for the village hall for £2280.81.  This was paid on  the2nd January.  2. Quarterly balances:  Current account  £      100.00 Reserve Account  £ 33,018.46 Total £ 33,118.46 There were two cheques outstanding:  £      114.00 Total as cash book £ 33,004.46 The books will now be given to the Internal Auditor for examination, followed by the Chairman of the Parish  Council.  3. VAT Return:  The Clerk informed the Parish Council that the VAT return had been sent off for the sum of £  759.72 4. Precept:  The Precept has now been applied for (sent 03.01.18).  The precept required is £19,200.  Wayleaves:   The Clerk informed the Parish Council that she had received a cheque for the sum of £45.67 which had been  banked.  18/1234/b  Matters for resolution  Nothing to report               18/1234/c  Cheques Payable  Louise Brooks      Salary & Allowances – December £     320.70    chq no:1345 Down2Earth               Grounds Maintenance Oct-Dec 2017 £     256.00    chq no:1346 Somerset Landscapes      Grounds Maintenance Oct-Dec 2017 £     440.10    chq no:1347 SSDC      Annual Playground Inspection & Risk Assessment £       94.20    chq no:1348 SPFA Membership      Annual Membership   £       15.00    chq no:1349 Proposed: Cllr. Cole Seconded: Cllr. Matraves    Agreed unanimously. 18/1235 VILLAGE HALL:  Councillor Cole reported that the new doors would be ready to be installed in the next few days.  18/1236 RECREATION GROUND:  The Clerk reported that there were mole hill at the bottom of the rec and would find out who to use now.  She also  reported that the new trees were due this month.  18/1237 CORRESPONDENCE:   The Clerk reported that all correspondence had been emailed to all the Parish Councillors.  18/1238 FOOTPATHS: The Clerk reported that SCC were able to cover John Forrest for public liability but not personal.  This was due to John  being 77 and their insurance stops at 75.  Clerk is investigating the Parish Council’s insurance.      Action:  Clerk  18/1239 MEMBERS’ REPORTS: The Parish Council asked the Clerk to include on the February’s Agenda relocating the Parish Council meetings to the  committee room in the village hall.      Action:  Clerk  Councillor Cole reported that a large limb has fallen from the tree in the Glebe.  Clerk to report this to the Rev Peter  Thomas.        Action:  Clerk  The Clerk put forward a date for the Litter pick as Saturday March 17th.  Clerk to organise.          Action:  Clerk  There being no further business the meeting closed at 8pm.  The next meeting will be held on Monday 12th February at 7.30pm in the Reading Room.